But while looking forward to a better year next year, I always try to reflect about the current year; What was good? What was bad? What needs reshaping? How do I feel? What do I need? I’ll spare you the lengthy answers to those questions! Ha.
Instead I will reflect on the past three years of blog posts here on the Custom Critter Sitters blog. Shortly after founding this company, I began this blog back in 2015. I want to revisit a few of the posts that I feel were the most helpful or those that received the most attention:
1) Have you ever had your leg “burned” by a skinny leash? It is no fun.
2) Pet loss can be utterly devastating for some people. Don’t judge. Seek to understand. Losing anything that you have a close bond with is difficult. It is natural to morn pets like we morn people.
3) Don’t let your dog be a rowdy terror! Help your dog have a better life by instilling some manners & grace. Everyone, including other dogs, will thank you, trust me.
4) So you failed to train your cat to go on the toilet? At least there are better cat litter options out there.
5) This is the yard gadget to keep you sane and to keep your pets (and other pets) safe.
6) If your dog could talk, he’d probably complain about his boring diet.
7) I love animals soooooooo much that I don’t eat them anymore. Compassion is real.
8) Security cameras? Yes. Candid cameras? No.
9) Some people seem to like me and tell me so. I am always humbled by praise.
10) I wrote a tell-all book and business is booming. Custom Critter Sitters is too full to accept new clients. Whoot!
11) Did you scramble to find a pet sitter this holiday season? Keep this list so you won’t have to scramble next time!
12) Storm-hysteria is real. There are many solutions out there. Try them.
13) A new client kept changing their business trips on me. They even cancelled at the last minute as I was driving to their home to begin my stay. Another time I was about to get in the shower, expecting them home hours later, and they sent a text they’d be home in 10 minutes. What? I eventually had enough of this very unpredictable client and had to fire them. Don’t do this to your pet sitter.
There you have it, a recap of some of my favorite posts from the last three years. Who knows what the next three years will bring? Bigger and better things, hopefully. Stay tuned and cheers to a fabulous 2018!